evolution history and meaning
- Download PNG Lancia Logo PNG Lancia is the name of an Italian automotive company, which was established in Turin in 1906.
- All but the very first badges of the Italian marque have been based on two main symbols — a sharp cavalry weapon, which gave the name to the brand, and a steering wheel.
- 1906 – 1911 However, the original Lancia logo, introduced in 1906, featured a simple script wordmark with elongated lines for the first and last letters.
- The nameplate was executed in gold and looked sleek and elegant, is a representation of style and sophistication.
- 1911 – 1929 The badge, which became the basis of today’s Lancia visual identity, was designed in 1911 and comprised a steering wheel in thin gold lines on a white background, with a bright blue flag with a wordmark over it.
- The gold lettering in an elegant serif font was placed on a blue rectangle and had its serifs pointed and elongated.
- 1929 – 1957 In 1929 the steering wheel was placed inside a blue shield.
- 1957 – 1974 A new version of the logo was designed in 1957.
- The lettering on the banner was executed in the same typeface as on the previous versions, but due to the use of the new color, it looked bolder and more confident.
- The white steering wheel with blue lines and a solid blue flag was placed inside a blue shield with a delicate silver outline.
- The wordmark changed its typeface, and now all letters featured one size and were executed in a simple serif font with bold straight lines.
- The contemporary and sharp emblem featured a stylized steering wheel with enlarged lettering in the middle.
- The flag with a Lancia-handle was removed from the logo, but you can see the sharp ends of the weapon inside the circle of the steering wheel — on its top and bottom, pointing at the lettering.
- The inscription looks sleek and timeless due to its clean contours and distinct sharp serifs.