Jaws logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG
- Download PNG Jaws Logo PNG Jaws is the name of a book, written by Peter Benchley in the 1970s.
- First published in 1974, the novel became one of the contemporary classics and turned into a very successful franchise with the famous The Jaws movie, directed by Steven Spielberg.
- Meaning and history The visual identity of the famous horror is Lavinia yet solid and strong.
- Composed of a single wordmark, the logo is often accompanied by an image of a shark with its mouth open and its teeth sharp.
- But the official logo is only the logotype, which is instantly recognizable all over the globe due to a few very remarkable details.
- The Jaws inscription is written in all capitals of an ExtraBold sans-serif typeface, where the letters “A” and “W” are placed so close to each other, that creates a feeling of a single organism.
- Divided by a thin diagonal line, the letters are massive and solid and evoke a sense of something powerful and fundamental.
- The typeface, which looks very similar to Wynwood JNL and Rolphie 16 Max SC, has its letter “J” modified.
- Its curved tail has a diagonal cut, which resembles two things at one time — an ocean wave, to represent the water element, and the sharp shark’s teeth, pointing on the main hero of the novel.
- As for the color palette, the Jaws logo is usually executed in bloody-red and placed on a blue background.
- Sometimes the letters gain a delicate black shadow, but in most cases, they are just plain red.
- The shades of red can vary depending on the placement, that is how the logo becomes a bit darker, colored in burgundy red for some editions.