Banco Popular logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG
- Meaning and history Throughout the years, the famous Spanish bank has been shortening and simplifying its identity.
- It all started from Banco Popular Español in 1947, which was renamed into Banco Popular in 1996, and to simply Popular in 2015.
- The logo of the financial organization also got more and more minimalist, following the world’s latest trends, but without losing its individuality.
- 1947 – 1970 The very first logo, which bank used for more than twenty years, was designed in 1947 and featured a rounded BPE monogram in black, which was usually placed on a white background.
- The elegant handwritten typeface boasted massive yet smooth serifs and arched contours.
- All three parts of the lettering were written in one typeface, yet the “Popular” has its letters enlarged.
- 1996 – 2008 After the name shortening, the logo was redesigned again in 1996.
- It was the same graphical emblem, but in red and white, and a wordmark, consisting of only the “Popular” part, executed in red sans-serif.
- 2008 – 2012 In 2008 the word “Banco” was added to the visual identity.
- The emblem and the inscription were now colored white and placed on a solid red square with rounded angles.
- 2012 – 2015 The redesign of 2012 made the logo more dynamic by adding some gradient shades and gloss to the surface.
- 2015 – 2018 With the last redesign in the bank’s history, the logo was simplified to just “Popular” logotype, which was executed in red and written in a title case.
- Font and color The typeface of the Popular inscription in the last design was completely different from those the bank used before.
- The wordmark was executed in a modern serif font with massive yet smooth serifs.