Google Docs Logo
- Though the emblem we all know today has nothing in common with the first two versions.
- 2005 — 2006 The Writely logo was very friendly and slightly amateurish.
- The colorful three-dimensional pencil placed slightly diagonally was an underline for the wordmark in the lowercase letters.
- The rounded sans-serif typeface made the whole logo look friendly and simple.
- 2006 — 2012 Google Docs appeared in 2006 and its first logo was designed in the same year.
- Executed in the orange, black, and white color palette, it was composed of an emblem with a signature wordmark under it.
- The wordmark comprised two parts — Multicolor “Google” lettering and the orange “Docs”.
- 2012 — 2014 The completely new style and concept for the Google Docs logo were introduced in 2012.
- The emblem featured a vertically placed rectangle, representing the document’s page, with its upper-right corner folded.
- The blue page featured four thick horizontal lines, standing for text.
- All the angles except for the folded one were rounded.
- The new blue and white color palette of the logo was a reflection of professionalism and reliability.
- The style and concept remained untouched, as well as the color palette, which was only slightly refined.
- The four white lines were replaced by three ones.