evolution history and meaning
- Today the brand has more than 1500 stores worldwide and is considered to be the world’s largest retailer in its segment.
- Meaning and history 1976 – 1980s 1980s – 1990s 1990s – Today The word Decathlon is a competition with ten sport events.
- The brand chose it as the name due to its universality.
- The Decathlon logo is composed of a wordmark placed on a bright blue rectangular.
- The all-caps lettering is executed in a bold and neat typeface, which is similar to Avant Garde Bold.
- The white color of the nameplate creates a good contrast with the blue of the background and evoke a sense of energy and happiness.
- The Decathlon logo is a reflection of brand’s vitality, generosity and friendliness.
- It is a strong visual identity, which represent everything, that is important for the company and makes it stand out.