American Express logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG
- Download PNG American Express Logo PNG The American Express was founded in 1850 in New York, and now it is one of the world’s top joint stock companies.
- Over its history, it has placed great emphasis on logo design.
- Meaning and history Though the history of one of the most famous American banks starts in the middle of the 19th century, its visual identity hasn’t been changed much throughout the years.
- The logo of American Express has undergone only three redesigns, and the current version of its emblem almost completely repeats the one, created for the bank in 1974.
- 1974 – 2018 The major redesign of 1974 made the American Express logo bright and modern.
- It was a bright blue square with a white and blue inscription on it, where the bold sans-serif capitals were outlined in thick white.
- It made the image look dynamic and sleek, adding some motion and volume to the bank’s visual identity.
- 2018 – Today In 2018 the famous Pentagram agency redesigned the American Express logo again, keeping the style, introduced in 1974, but refining the contours of the inscription and elevating its blue shade to a more intense one.
- The ends of the letters “S” gained smooth diagonal cuts, which look elegant and stylish.
- As for the new, darker, shade of blue, it adds more confidence and trustworthiness to the company’s image.
- There are only two colors: sky blue and white.
- The letters and banded in white, which makes the name more prominent.
- Blue emphasizes excellence, high spirits, freedom, and optimism.
- It is the combination of blue and white that creates a feeling of promising future and inspires clients to make an investment.